The Center for Sustainable Business Growth (CSBG), a program of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council, is an initiative designed to attract and retain businesses, create jobs, and generate additional tax base for the City. CSBG works in concert with city staff and the Bridgeport Economic Development Corporation to facilitate economic development projects and attract investors to the region.
- Program management of the Bridgeport Eco-Technology Park
- Local & state regulatory assistance for new and existing businesses
- Site identification services for investors, developers and business owners
- Energy conservation and efficiency referrals to state and utility program officers
- Identification and assistance with local, state and federal incentives for business growth and new job creation
- Networking and training referrals to local organizations, subcontractors and consultants
Achievements 2012 – present
- Assisted the City develop its B Green 2020 Sustainability Initiative that led to the creation of the Bridgeport Eco-Technology Park, a national urban model for renewable energy generation and green business development.
- Referred 20 companies and property owners to the Bridgeport Urban Enterprise Zone’s tax incentive program for benefits
- Secured financing assistance through the State’s Small Business Express and Manufacturer’s Assistance Act programs for 29 companies
- Assisted 10 property owners process energy efficiency improvements on their buildings through the CT Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-Pace) program.
- Introduced 30 companies to the federal Hub Zone priority contracting program
- Conducted real estate searches for at least 100 companies or investors seeking properties in the city on an annual basis