The Bridgeport Regional Business Council Health Care Council was formed in 2006, and the committee is made up of a cross-section of the business community that is engaged in and affected by health care access and affordability.
The Council has representation from:
- Area hospitals
- Insurance agents
- Healthcare providers
- Small business owners
- and the public health field
The Council follows guiding principles adopted from the Institute of Medicine and these are:
- Healthcare coverage should be universal
- Healthcare coverage should be continuous
- Healthcare coverage should be affordable to individuals and families
- Health insurance strategy should be affordable and sustainable for society
- Health insurance should enhance health and well-being by promoting access to high-quality care that is effective, efficient, safe, timely, patient centered, and equitable
The BRBC Health Care Council meets every other month. BRBC members that are engaged in work related to health care or have an interest in how health care access and affordability effects business are welcome to participate.
In addition to meeting 6 times a year, the Health Care Council plans several events annually around the topic of healthcare, including the annual Walk to Wellness Challenge.
Contact Karen DelVecchio at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.